To the discerning eye, quality design and engineering need no further prompts – you know it when you see it.
The incredible architectural and design feat to restore, refurbish and ultimately reinvent three adjacent terrace houses built in 1873, transforming them into a luxury inner-city boutique hotel, is something to behold.
Spicers Potts Point in Sydney, the latest in the Spicers Retreats exclusive portfolio, is a unique 20-room property that exudes class and sophistication.
The attention to detail in the meticulous restoration is obvious everywhere. And sometimes, it’s not so obvious.
“You can’t see it but there’s layer upon layer of acoustic baffling used between the walls and floors to ensure absolute quiet for guests between rooms and from the street noise,” said hotel general manager and career boutique hotelier, Wendy Morris.
“Every detail has been thought through to make this hotel something special.”
Once you enter the building on funky Victoria Street in Sydney’s entertaining and dining precinct, the quality touches are everywhere.
The mix of olde-worlde and ultra-modern has been blended beautifully.
- A passion to create something special
- An Asian inspired retreat in the Sunshine Coast hinterland
- Spicer’s Chefs in the City program returns for 2017
Whimsical artworks and images of frolicking bathers taken from below the waterline (by Martine Emdur) appear in key spaces and most rooms provide a lovely counterpoint to modernity with the original marble fireplaces and preserved high ceilings of the 19th-century residences still in place.
The interior design and feel of the hotel are classic and elegant. Spicers’ own description of the colour palette is “bleached oaks, lime-washed bisques with highlights of gold, and textured linens” which all contributes to the feeling of a serene oasis in the middle of an otherwise bustling pocket of Australia’s largest city.
The glamorous touches include evening cocktails and canapés for guests, in-room platters, super-comfortable beds, linen, towels and robes and there’s no skimping on the shampoos, body lotions or moisturisers either – expect to find full bottles of the very special Leif products.
The property is Spicers’ first in Sydney and sets the benchmark for the more intimate style of accommodation that continues to grow in popularity among executive travellers and holidaymakers looking for that touch of indulgent luxury to turn a short break into something truly memorable.
Most leisure travellers opting to stay in this part of Sydney will inevitably have selected Potts Point for its proximity to some of Australia’s most acclaimed dining establishments.
“I had a friend ask me the other day if anyone in Potts Point actually cooks,’’ laughs Wendy. “We are surrounded by such wonderful restaurants and providores, we really are spoilt.
“We encourage our team to use their local knowledge and expertise to help our guests select the best restaurants to suit their particular tastes.”
Potts Point has the highest-density living in Australia and perhaps unsurprisingly, also the lowest rate of car ownership.
“It really is perfect to explore by foot,” said Wendy. “Our team and our local ‘passport’ will make sure you have everything you need for a wonderful local experience.”
Passport Special rates and deals
- Impromptu Dining – Guests receive a comp glass of wine when dining
- Bistro Rex – Guests receive a comp small digestif cocktail and petit fours when dining
- The Butler – Guests receive 10% off their bill when dining at the Butler
- Macleay St Bistro – Guests dining Mon-Thur can order one main course, and receive a second free
- Gypsy Espresso – Guests receive a comp espresso of the day on their first visit
- Potts Point Book Shop – Guests receive free gift wrapping
- Booty Shoes – Guests receive 10% off any purchase over $300
- Toni & Guy – Contact us for exclusive SPP offers
- PE Dept & Yoga Dept – Guests can enjoy comp use of PE Dept and Yoga Dept Classes
- No 13 The Beauty Ave – Guests receive exclusive 90 min package – essential massage and bespoke facial including omnilux light therapy for $210
NOTE: All prices and inclusions correct at time of publishing, check with property for most up-to-date pricing.