It could be the ultimate in indulgent sensory overload. Jaw-dropping scenery, educational commentary, extreme comfort and exquisite food and wine … all at the same time!
Boarding the famous Rocky Mountaineer is initially always about those incredible western Canada views that unfold along your journey and the fine dining only enhances the experience even more.
Award-winning chefs Jean Pierre Guerin and Frédéric Couton have created diverse menus with the finest, locally sourced ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.
Rocky Mountaineer is a daytime travel service so there’s no dinners on board (evenings are spent in luxury hotels) but with an add-on meal plan, all your breakfasts and dinners can be included in the price.
As you’d expect, there’s a difference between the GoldLeaf and SilverLeaf services (sample menus below) and this extends to the beverage options as well.
In GoldLeaf, wines are complimentary with meals and cocktails and other drinks are also available throughout the journey at no charge. In SilverLeaf, Canadian wine and beer is complimentary with lunch.
POPULAR ROCKY MOUNTAINEER TOURS
Sample Lunch menu – GoldLeaf Service
Lunch is a three-course meal comprising fresh local ingredients served on white linen and paired with the best local wines. It begins with Chef’s daily soup, or a fresh seasonal salad.
BEEF SHORT RIBS
- Alberta beef short ribs braised in Okanagan Valley Merlot, accompanied by whipped garlic potatoes and local market vegetables.
FRASER VALLEY CHICKEN
- Tender Fraser Valley chicken breast roasted whole until golden and served over a creamy sweet pea puree. Accompanied by local market vegetables, whipped garlic potatoes and white corn crisps.
ROASTED VEGETABLE RAVIOLI
- Ravioli stuffed with roasted seasonal vegetables, tossed in a light tomato sauce and accompanied by a garlic Parmesan focaccia crisp.
SLOW ROASTED PORK LOIN
- Tender Alberta pork loin roasted until golden and served over a creamy sweet pea puree. Accompanied by local market vegetables, whipped garlic potatoes and white corn crisps.
SEARED ALBACORE TUNA
- Albacore tuna loin seared rare, served over a sautéed pepper, tomato, fennel, Kalamata olive, and caper ragout, and topped with white corn crisps.
ROASTED SALMON WITH SMOKED SEA SALT
- Steelhead salmon fillet, lightly roasted and accompanied by nugget potatoes and a shaved fennel slaw. Accompanied by old-fashioned mustard vinaigrette and our signature smoked sea salt.
SHRIMP GYOZA & PRAWNS
- Pan-fried shrimp Gyoza, accompanied by wild greens, sautéed jumbo prawns, and a pickled ginger cilantro dressing.
MOUNT ROBSON STACK
- A red beet and root vegetable cake, served over an emulsified yam purée. Topped with crisp wild greens stacked in a Wonton cup.
Sample Lunch menu – SilverLeaf Service
- Fresh salmon fillet, cooked to perfection with a creamy dill sauce
BRAISED SHORT RIBS
- Tender Alberta beef short ribs braised in Okanagan Valley Merlot. Accompanied with Creamy garlic mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables.
If your tastebuds have come alive, why not get a quote now on taking a bucket list journey on the famous Rocky Mountaineer? Speak to one of our expert travel consultants.