WELL TRAVELLED – RESERVATION PROCESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This web site is owned by Well Travelled – ABN 57 615 923 665 – and all reservations are facilitated by Our Vacation Centre Pty Ltd – ABN 54 105 176 – a proud member of The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA).
Please read these Reservation Process Terms and Conditions carefully. We strongly advise you do not make a booking unless you understand and agree with all the conditions contained within.
By purchasing products and services from Well Travelled, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and any Provider Terms and Conditions.
Additionally, you agree that it is your sole responsibility to inform any traveling companion(s), guests, or the users of any product or service you purchased (“Member’s Guests”) of the contents of these Terms and Conditions and all applicable Provider Terms.
These conditions apply to all bookings you make with our consultants (either over phone or by email) or online through our websites.
Well Travelled takes every care to inform you of the most up to date and correct information in relation to your travel and accommodation requirements though by continuing with any booking through us you accept that it is your responsibility to be familiar with travel conditions relating to individual travel products, passports/visa requirements, immigration issues, health and customs requirements.
BOOKING CONDITIONS, PRICING, CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS
- Reservations (even when accompanied by a deposit or payment) are subject to confirmation. Where reservations cannot be confirmed, you will be offered the choice of alternative arrangements or the refund of the deposit related to that particular reservation.
- Any special requests made are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Booking amendments are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Any approved amendments to a confirmed booking will incur a fee plus any cancellation or other permissible fees imposed by the supplier. You will be advised at the time of the amendment or cancellation of the fees that are applicable.
- A cut off date may apply for amendments for certain products and services in accordance with each suppliers booking terms & conditions.
- If for any reason full payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to deem the booking cancelled and appropriate cancellation fees as in 1.6 or 1.7 will apply.
- Cancelled or no show bookings will incur charges regardless of whether travel has commenced. Fees and extra charges imposed by travel, accommodation or service providers will apply where a booking is changed and/or when tickets or documents are reissued.
- Where we incur any liability for a cancellation fee or charge for any booking which you cancel you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee or charge.
- When a booking is cancelled at your request we will send you confirmation of the cancellation to the e-mail address provided by you.
- If you fail to cancel a booking and do not check-in in accordance with the booking made you will forfeit the amount paid for that booking.
- Your right to a refund of any monies paid directly to the travel, accommodation or service provider will be determined by the cancellation policy outlined in their respective Terms & Conditions.
- We reserve the right to vary published rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other suppliers.
- If the cost of any service increases prior to booking due to exchange rate fluctuations, price increases, tax changes or any other reason, you must pay the increase. We are not liable in any way if any increase occurs.
- Rates quoted may be per person, per cabin, per tour, per stay, per night, or per package, as appropriate to the particular product or service and advised at time of quotation or prior to booking.
- The Retail Rate displayed for Cruise, Tours, Hotels and Resorts is based on the original full fare or room rate. Depending on the Cruise Line/Supplier this may also be referred to as Full Individual Tariff, Brochure Fare, Standard Fare, Rack Rate or Fully Published Fare. “From Pricing” is based on the lowest rate available for each particular cruise, tour, flight, hotel or other travel product as advertised.
- The “Max Savings” value is the savings to you in relation to the Retail Rate and is based on the lowest rate over the search period which you specified.
- Items included in the prices or rates of the products are specified in each section. Prices do not include, meals other than as stated in itineraries, air fares unless stated, Government departure taxes, passport and visa charges, vaccination fees, airport taxes, any items of a personal nature such as telephone calls, beverages, laundry, excess baggage charges, gratuities, travel insurance or other items not specified.
- All government fees, port charges, surcharges and taxes are subject to change without notice until final payment is made and tickets have been issued.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they are aware of the latest travel advice issued by the Australian Government and the latest health information for the destinations they are travelling. Information can be found at:
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BOOKING
- You may book accommodation or services with us:
Please note hotel only bookings made by telephone will incur a $15 booking fee.
FEES, CHARGES, CANCELLATION and CHANGES
- Booking Fees
- The following booking fees may apply to your booking, and are non-refundable if your itinerary is changed or cancelled by you (subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Domestic Flights (not applicable to Virgin Flights) – $22.00 per person
- Trans-Tasman & South pacific flights – $22.00 per person
- International non-commissionable flights – $33.00 per person
- Multi Sector itineraries – $50.00 per person
- Cruises – $275 per person
- Hotel bookings made by telephone – $15.00 Per Person
- Amendments and Cancellation Fees
- Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed arrangements, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee any such requests will be met.
- Please note that changes requested may incur 100% of the cost of the holiday in certain circumstances and/or if the Travel Supplier applies such a charge in order to comply with the charge (where your booking has been made with another Travel Supplier by us acting as agent).
- Bookings with some accommodation and travel providers for certain products are non- refundable, therefore even if cancelled all monies paid cannot be refunded. If the product or service is in this category this will be advised at the time of booking.
- Where your requested changes can be met, we may charge the following amendment fees, subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Australian Consumer Law
- Changes to Land only bookings and holiday package bookings may incur a fee of $55.00 per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Changes to Domestic Airfare bookings may incur a fee of $11.00 per person in addition to supplier fees.
- Changes to International Airfare bookings and Holiday Packages may incur a fee of $88.00 per person in addition to supplier fees.
- If we are acting as agents for other Travel Suppliers, then we shall also be entitled to charge any costs or charges which may be imposed by the Travel Supplier.
- If you or any member of your party needs to cancel your chosen arrangements once they have been confirmed, you must immediately advise us in writing at our offices. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us. Our cancellation charges (which reflect the genuine cost to us), or the cancellation charges that are imposed by the Travel Supplier where we are acting as agent in arranging the travel services you have booked, shall apply and you will be informed of these at the time of booking. Please note that insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of the person(s) to whom they apply cancelling.
- Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in the table below:
- Cancelations to cruise bookings may incur a fee of $275 per person in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to Land only bookings may incur a fee of $55.00 per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to International Airfare bookings may incur a fee of $275.00 per person in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to Domestic Holiday Package bookings may incur a fee of $110.00 per person in addition to supplier fees.
- Cancellations to International Holiday package bookings may incur a fee of $275.00 per person in addition to supplier fees.
Please note that if the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- Miscellaneous Fees
- The following Fees may be applied to your booking, as applicable:
- Travel inside 5 days may incur a fee of $33.00 per booking due to extended processing time
- Visa service (in addition to courier fee & actual visa cost) will incur a fee of $55.00 per person, 1st visa, additional visa $22.00 per person/each.
- Your bookings may be cancelled if the deposit and/or final payment is not received by the required date stipulated by the supplier or Our Vacation Centre.
- Supplier Changes and Cancellation Fees
- Cancelled bookings may also incur additional supplier fees, which can equal up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and when tickets or documents are re-issued.
- Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
- All government fees, port charges, surcharges and taxes are subject to change without notice until the final payment is made and documents have been issued.
- You will be required to pay the full amount or a deposit when making a booking. The amount due shall be advised either online or by your Well Travelled Consultant at the time of booking.
- All deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you (subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Final payment is required no later than 6 weeks prior to departure unless otherwise stated.
- All online booking, airfares or some services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Credit card surcharges will apply when paying by credit card and will be advised at time of booking. We conduct regular reviews of our credit card fees in association with our preferred financial institution to ensure that we only pass on a “like” cost to our customers and therefore remain legally compliant. A signed credit card authority form will be required upon booking. We reserve the right to change these surcharges should our card processors increase or decrease their charges to us or if additional taxes or fees become payable on these charges.
- Please contact your consultant for BPAY reference details. Please note that BPAY takes up to 3 business days to process. If you are paying by this method you will need to make the payment at least 3 business days prior to the actual due date. You must notify your consultant of your payment once it has been made.
- Please note that cheque payments (excluding bank cheques) require up to 7 business days to process. If you are paying by this method you will need to make the payment at least 7 business days prior to the actual due date. The cheque must be made payable to Our Vacation Centre. You agree not to stop payment of the cheque even if you cancel a booking. You agree that we may apply the proceeds of the cheque to satisfy any liability you have with us, including any liability in respect of cancellation fees, before refunding the balance to you.
BONDS AND SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Bonds or credit card imprints are required by Car and Campervan Hire Suppliers, Yacht Charters and by most Accommodation Suppliers at the time of check-in to cover incidentals and fees not included in your holiday cost. Other bonds may apply at certain times of the year.
- Airline taxes, port fees, and other government fees are subject to change and confirmed at the time your ticket is issued.
- Please liaise with your consultant, regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests, room type or disabled access at the time of booking.
- Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any specific request will be met and failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part.
- Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
- We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as “standard” bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests.
- If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your arrangements, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements.
- In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- When booking with one of our consultants, please let them know your frequent flyer membership details (or other applicable loyalty program details) for inclusion in your booking. If you are booking online, please insert these details in the space provided if applicable for inclusion in your booking. Please check your frequent flyer program (or other applicable loyalty program) for the specific terms of your membership. We cannot guarantee that the supplier will credit you with points for your booking.
- The flight timings given on booking are for general guidance only and are subject to change. The latest timings will be shown on your confirmation invoice, however the actual flight times will be those shown on your tickets. You must accordingly check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. It is the traveller’s responsibility to contact the airline/cruise line/tour company to confirm your scheduled departure time 24 hours prior to each journey. Airlines have the right to change schedules without notice. We are not always in a position to confirm the airline, aircraft type and airport of destination which will be used in connection with any flight included in your holiday prior to booking. When this information is provided at the time of booking or subsequently, it is subject to change.
- All reservations are made in accordance with current schedules. Any changes to scheduling or delays and the resulting impact on arrangements are not the responsibility of Well Travelled.
ACCOMMODATION, FLIGHTS, CAR HIRE and INSURANCE – SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
- We do not provide your credit card details to any accommodation provider and as such you will be required to provide a credit card imprint or equivalent at check-in to cover incidental charges.
- The person registering at check-in must be at least 18 years of age.
- In addition, to eliminate identity fraud, the accommodation provider will ask you to provide photo ID at check-in to ensure that your identity matches the booking identity.
- A record and/or copy of this photo ID may be retained by the accommodation provider to minimise the risk of fraudulent credit card usage and for verification purposes with your credit card provider in the event of disputation.
- Optional incidental fees and personal consumptions are not included unless otherwise stated, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service, food & beverage, gala dinners, movie rentals, internet, etc.. During certain high season periods, some accommodation providers may have a compulsory gala dinner (e.g. for New Year, Christmas, Chinese New Year, etc).
- Some Resorts may charge a Resort Fee for certain periods or on certain room types.
- None of the extra charges or fees are included in the room rate, but will be displayed during the booking process. These charges or fees are payable at the respective accommodation provider either prior to stay, during the duration of the stay or upon checkout.
- This identification information may be supplied to us by the accommodation provider in the event of a credit card dispute.
- Accommodation properties ratings which will give some indication of the standard of accommodation are supplied by the individual properties.
- Star Ratings – Properties bearing the STAR symbols are independently assessed by AAA Tourism, the national tourism body of the Australian Auto Clubs. The STARS and the STAR Rating Scheme are a Registered Trademark of AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. This website has no input into the assessment process.
- Self-Ratings – Properties bearing Diamond symbols do not participate in a recognised rating scheme. The rating is supplied by the individual property and is based on their own assessment. We recommend they be used as a guide only.
Domestic Air Travel
- We act as disclosed agent for the airlines and your booking contract is directly with them. Bookings are subject to the airline’s terms and conditions and policies and you should read these before proceeding with your booking.
- Travel Megastore flight booking is an offer by you to purchase the relevant fare/s. It is not until you receive a booking confirmation email from us or your card has been charged that your seats are booked and paid and your booking with the airline is finalised.
- Airline schedule changes may apply. The onus rests on you to carefully check and correct any mistakes in your reservation request and in any confirmation received from the airline via us.
- Airline schedules may change and flights may be delayed or cancelled for a range of reasons including but not limited to bad weather, air traffic control delays, strikes, technical disruptions, network changes and late inbound aircraft. Accordingly, we do not guarantee that the airline will be able to carry you and your baggage in accordance with the date and time of the flights specified in your booking.
- You are responsible for complying with the airline’s rules in relation to check-in times, reconfirmation of flights or other matters. We accept no responsibility for any issue arising due to non-compliance with rules set by the airline
- Please ensure that accurate passenger details are provided when you make your booking so any changes can be notified to you.
- There are numerous rules and regulations affecting most advance purchase and other discounted air fares, which involve substantial cancellation or amendment fees, and in some instances there are no refunds whatsoever on cancelled holidays and or air tickets should you need to amend or cancel your travel plans.
- If you have any queries regarding these fees please do not hesitate to contact our office. You must read the terms and check the conditions applicable to every airfare and ensure that you accept those terms and conditions before you make a booking.
- If the terms and conditions are not displayed you should contact our office.
- Once you confirm a booking and make payment you are bound by the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant supplier
- All details of your booking and contact information will be on the booking confirmation that is provided to you by the airline you booked with.
Car & Motorhome Hire
- Any reservation made with Car or Motor Home Hire companies are subject to the special terms and conditions of the company with whom you have booked.
- All details of your booking including relevant contact information are set out on your booking confirmation which is provided to you with details of the particular Car Rental or Motor Home Hire Company.
- It is a material term of all car and motor home rental that the person driving the vehicle has a valid driving licence held for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Car or Motorhome providers Terms & Conditions are available on their respective website or request a copy from our Consultant.
- Car rental is based on a 24 hour period commencing from the time of pick-up throughout unless otherwise specified.
- We strongly recommend that all clients take out travel comprehensive insurance when making a booking.
- We recommend that insurance covers loss of deposit and other monies through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage and loss of money, medical expenses, additional expenses to cover hotel accommodation and repatriation costs to Australia should any services need to be extended or curtailed due to illness or other insurable risk.
- We shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller. By embarking on his/her travel, the passenger voluntarily assumes all risk involved with such travel, whether expected or unexpected.
- Please note that restrictions on the time to effect insurance apply to some services such as airfares. Please contact us to arrange travel insurance before making payment for a service.
- As a convenience we can assist members with travel insurance through CoverMore Travel Insurance Services Pty Ltd, Australian Financial Services Licence No. 241713 and Allianz Australian Insurance Limited, Australian Financial Services Licence No 234708
- We advise you obtain a Financial Services Guide/Product Disclosure Statement relating to the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing and read that document before making any decision about whether to acquire the product.
- In order for us to arrange your insurance, you will need to confirm that you have read and understand the applicable Financial Services guide/Product Disclosure Statement, and understand the limits on your cover and your duty of disclosure to the insurer.
- If you decline travel insurance, you will be required to sign a disclaimer.
- Please be advised that the travel insurance you are purchasing is being bought from and paid directly to CoverMore Travel Insurance Services Pty Ltd or Allianz Australian Insurance Limited and any such insurance is underwritten subject to their terms and conditions.
- Any issues with your travel insurance policy must be addressed directly to CoverMore Travel Insurance Services Pty Ltd or Allianz Australian Insurance Limited
- It is your responsibility to review the terms and conditions and PDS applicable to Travel Insurance. Please view theTravel Insurance Product Disclosure Statement PDF
- A copy of the travel insurance policy you purchased will be provided by CoverMore Travel Insurance Services Pty Ltd or Allianz Australian Insurance Limited
MODIFICATIONS OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice at the sole discretion of Well Travelled.
NO COMMERCIAL USE. Well Travelled purchases, transactions and benefits under this Programme may not be used for any commercial purpose, sold, bartered, or exchanged for any other consideration.
PROVISION OF INFORMATION. All of the cruise and travel information including but not limited to pricing, ship ratings, itinerary information and descriptions, special offers and amenity information provided to you is based on information received from third party providers for your convenience. While Well Travelled makes reasonable efforts to ensure that this information is accurate and complete, Well Travelled expressly disclaims liability for inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information.
AVAILABILITY All offers provided hereunder are based on availability and are not guaranteed until confirmation is received from Well Travelled.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Well Travelled shall not be liable for and does not assume any liability or responsibility for any loss, damage, delay, death or injury to any person or property arising from or as a result of the acts or omissions and/or representations (whether oral or written) of the travel providers, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort including negligence, strict liability, breach of warranty including implied warranties of merchantability or for a particular purpose, or otherwise. Well Travelled’s liability for any claim arising from or as a result of the acts or omissions and/or representations (whether oral or written) Well Travelled will be limited to the fees paid by you to Well Travelled for the travel purchase, except for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Well Travelled for which this limitation does not apply. In no event will Well Travelled be liable for special, consequential, or punitive damages even if notified of the possibility of same. This limitation shall also apply to Well Travelled’s affiliated companies, successors, assigns and agents.