London, Paris and New York attract millions of visitors each year, but there is one city that even outshines these popular tourist hot-spots.
Have you been to Bangkok, Thailand? With over 21-million visitors in 2016, more people visited Bangkok than any other city.
The Thai capital not only outranks the tourist hubs of New York, London and Paris, but has nudged out Dubai, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to claim the top honours in the latest Mastercard report.
Global cross-border travel and spending among the 132 cities covered by Mastercard’s Global Destination Cities Index, continues to grow at a faster pace than world GDP.
On a global level, Asia-Pacific dominates with 11 cities in the top 20, followed by the Middle East & Africa with four.
Peak travel months
- Bangkok – April, January
- London – July – August
- Paris – December, March – May
- Dubai – December – January
- New York – July – August
- Singapore – December, July to August
- Kuala Lumpur – December – January, March, July
- Istanbul – June – SeptemberApril, October, July
- Tokyo – April, October, July
- Seoul – December – January, October
Are you ready to book your next getaway? Call the experienced travel consultants at Well Travelled today.