The trend toward women-only travel is steadily gaining momentum and now the adventure market is also opening up new frontiers for ladies with a wanderlust.
World Expeditions‘ CEO, Sue Badyari, said the company’s 29 new specially-crafted small group tours were developed in response to the growing number of women seeking active adventure experiences in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment.
All tours in the new range are fully-guided, and where possible, local tour guides are female.
“There is something special about sharing your adventures with like-minded women,” Ms Badyari said.
“The shared experience away from family and work pressures can allow you to take some time for yourself, push personal boundaries and make some great lifelong friendships along the way.
“And there’s certainly a great element of camaraderie and team spirit that exists in an all woman group. And a mix of ladies coming together from different parts of the globe to embark on a great adventure is very attractive.”
Ms Badyari said the number of women participating in World Expeditions’ active adventure tours has increased significantly in the past 20 years – growing from around 38% in 1996 to 54% in 2016.
“Working in the adventure travel industry, we know that women traveller’s aspirations to engage with trekking, cycling and even climbing mountains can be as robust as their male counterparts,” Ms Badyari said.
“And nowadays, even on the most challenging adventure tours, such as trekking or mountaineering in remote mountain regions, women now make up around 30% of the tour group.
“We’ve taken this demand for active adventure travel for women to the next level, offering specially-crafted small group itineraries for women only in some of the world’s most exciting, natural destinations.
“So, whether the goal is to trek to Everest Base Camp, walk along village trails flanked by the soaring peaks of the Annapurna, camp under the stars in the outback, climb Africa’s highest peak, trek to the ruins of Machu Picchu, or discover some of the great walks of Europe, we have a great range of women only adventures to choose from.”
World Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone. All single travellers are matched with another single traveller to share accommodation.
If unable to be matched, a single room is made available at no extra charge. If you prefer to not share, a single supplement is payable to guarantee a single room.
Ms Badyari added, “And all of our itineraries have a minimal impact philosophy at the heart of each adventure and forge authentic cultural exchange, real exploration and certainly plenty of fun times.”
Each women’s only journey has a scale of required fitness averaging between 3-8 out of ten. Speak to a travel consultant for further information on the fitness levels required.
Small Group Tours
In total, there are 29 small-group Women’s Adventures available. Contact us on 1300 041 781 today for more information on these, and all other World Expedition tours.
- Women’s Overland Track – 6-days in Tasmania.
- Women’s Salcantay Trek & Machu Picchu – 7-day in Peru.
- Women’s Ultimate Annapurna Dhaulagiri – 16-days Himalayas.
- Women’s Kilimanjaro Shira Route – 10-days Africa.
- Women’s Kokoda Track – 11-days Papua New Guinea.
- Women’s Chilkoot Trail – 7-days North America
- Women’s High Trails of the Canadian Rockies – 15-days Canada
- Women’s Great Wall Trek – 8-days China
- Women’s Vietnam Charity Challenge – 10-days Vietnam
- Women’s Canadian Rockies Mountaineering Course – 6-days Canada
- Women’s Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar – 17-days Nepal
- Women’s Jatbula Trail – 6-days Northern Territory
- Women’s Classic Larapinta Trek in Comfort – 6-days Northern Territory
- Women’s Heysen Trail and the Flinders Ranges – 6-days South Australia
- Wild Women On Top Bungle Bungles Piccaninny Gorge Trek – 7-days Western Australia
- Wild Women On Top Great Ocean Walk – 6-days Victoria
- Larapinta Goddess Walk – 3-days Northern Territory
- Women’s Camino – Sarria to Santiago – 8-days Europe
- Women’s Mont Blanc Guided Walk – 8-days Europe
- ‘My India’ with Polly McGee – 12-days India
- Wild Women On Top – Patagonian Icefield Extension – 6-days Patagonia
- Wild Women On Top Freycinet – 5-days Tasmania
- Wild Women On Top Gokyo Lakes & Ama Dablam Basecamp – 20-days Nepal
- Wild Women On Top Huayhuash Circuit, Peru – 19-days Peru
- Wild Women On Top Inca Rivers Trek – 18-days Peru
- Wild Women On Top Mongolia – 15-days Mongolia
- Wild Women On Top Mt Wilhelm – 8-days Papua New Guinea
- Wild Women On Top NZ – 5-days New Zealand
- Wild Women On Top Patagonia – 14-days Patagonia