While cruisers explore what’s on top of waves, Royal Caribbean now let’s you discover what’s also beneath.
Cruising takes us to all corners of the globe where we explore, experience and consume the world around us. Now, thanks to Royal Caribbean and PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors), you can explore the treasures that await in the underwater world.
Several new dive courses and tours are being rolled out across 10 of the cruise line’s ships in its international fleet.
Adam Armstrong, managing director, Royal Caribbean Australia and New Zealand said, “Royal (Caribbean) is renowned for one-of-a-kind onboard offerings and PADI’s Five Star Dive Centres and programs are no exception.
“No other cruise line offers these unique onboard qualifications – our guests can return home with a newfound passion and skill-set, adding a whole new level of adventure to their holiday.”
PADI five star dive centres boast world-class educational programs, professional instructors and top of the range diving equipment for hire. The new shore excursions will feature exclusively onboard a selection of Royal Caribbean’s Quantum, Oasis, Freedom and Voyager class ships.
A range of dive programs for all levels include a 30-minute Try Dive program for beginners just earning their fins (from USD$29), through to PADI’s Reactivate Program for certified divers looking to refresh their skills (from USD$59).
Those seeking the ultimate scuba dive cruise can enrol in PADI’s Open Water Diver course to earn their complete scuba diving certification, and experienced divers can hire their dive gear onboard and plunge straight in to exploring underwater worlds.
Already a certified diver?
Certified divers are welcome to jump right into the action and experience some of the best dive sites at sea. Just have your valid certificates and other paperwork with you on the cruise.
Explore the Caribbean’s legendary shipwrecks or the magnificent Mesoamerican Reef, the second-largest in the world. Discover the mysterious underwater grottos off the coast of Vanuatu, the famous reefs of Grand Cayman — and so much more.
Destinations where dive excursions are available include:
- Kings Wharf, Bermuda
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Tortola, British Virgin Islands
- Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- George Town, Grand Cayman
- Cozumel, Mexico
- St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
- Willemstad, Curacao
- Kralendijk, Bonaire
- Oranjestad, Aruba
- Philipsburg, St. Maarten
- Cococay, Bahamas
- Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Costa Maya, Mexico
Ships that offer PADI
- Anthem of the Seas
- Allure of the Seas
- Harmony of the Seas
- Oasis of the Seas
- Freedom of the Seas
- Independence of the Seas
- Liberty of the Seas
- Adventure of the Seas
- Explorer of the Seas
- Navigator of the Seas
How to book a dive course
Tours can be reserved before you sail on Cruise Planner, the online booking tool, or onboard the ship. Reservations are required as spaces are limited. PADI Open Water Diver Course can only be booked pre-cruise due to the learning portion of the course, which there isn’t adequate time for once onboard.
What are the dive options
New to Dive
- PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE – Also available for private session for small groups and families.
- PADI Discover Scuba
- Try Dive
- CERTIFIED DIVERS — Select one of the tours to some of the best dive spots in the world. Also available for private session for small groups and families
- PADI Reactivate Program
- GEAR RENTAL —Offered only to guests on a Royal Caribbean scuba diving tour.
Requirements to dive
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- All student divers must complete a brief scuba medical questionnaire regarding health conditions that might pose problems while diving.
- Demonstrate basic water skills to be sure you’re comfortable in the water, including: swim 200 meters/yards (or 300 meters/yards in mask, fins and snorkel) without stopping. Float and tread water for 10 minutes.
- Each diver must have a personal set of the learning materials for use during the course and for reference after the course.
Are you ready to cruise with Royal Caribbean? Call one of our experienced cruise consultants today.