You never have to worry about filling your day when you’re travelling with Scenic because engaging and entertaining guests is always the focus.
Whether it’s relaxing on board with a glass of wine and a cheese plate, or setting off on one of the many immersive shore tours, Scenic always makes sure everyone is maximising the opportunity of a dream cruise.
One of the things Scenic does best is incorporating local history, heritage and culture into every activity and culinary experience they offer. And in France, the focus is naturally on gastronomy.
As the bread basket of Europe, France is the ultimate foodie destination, so it makes sense the perfect onboard activity is a cooking school program.
When sailing the Rhône or Bordeaux regions on Scenic Diamond or Scenic Sapphire, guests have the option to participate in a culinary experience the cruise line has named – “Scenic Culinaire.”
A Meal With a Twist
You’ll start the day with the head-chef browsing local markets, boulangeries and patisseries in search of the best produce and accompaniments you can find. Then it’s back to the ship where you’ll prepare your French-inspired dishes.
Under expert guidance, you’ll learn how to best prepare and create the regional specialities.
Whether it’s a classic French pastry, a chocolate dessert, a succulent bouillabaisse seafood meal, or a hearty meat and vegetable dish, you’ll enjoy the classic French flavours that you and your chef achieve in the bespoke cooking area onboard.
The designated spaces on Scenic Diamond and Scenic Sapphire feature a cooking station, fresh produce fridge and a resident cooking instructor who has intimate knowledge of local recipes.
For detailed views from above, you can watch the chef’s demonstrations live on a big screen.
The real joy, of course, comes after the food is prepared when you sit down to enjoy the sumptuous meal you’ve just prepared. And of course you’ll get select the perfect wine to pair with the meal because, with Scenic, it’s always on the house!
- 10 things you’ll love onboard a Scenic river cruise
- A Scenic river cruise in pictures
- The joys and ‘savoir faire’ of French cuisine
What’s included with your Scenic river cruise
- Luxuriously appointed suites with a queen-size Scenic Slumber Bed, complimentary menu, mini bar, L’Occitane amenities and Mac mini infotainment system
- A choice of up to six dining options, from casual dining at River Café to a six course dégustation menu at Table La Rive
- Unlimited complimentary beverages, as well as an in-suite mini bar
- A butler for each and every guest, available for requests that range from salon appointments and shoe-shining to meals served in your suite
- Scenic Freechoice – Choose the exclusive sightseeing activities that interest you, and that move at your own pace
- Scenic Enrich – Handpicked experiences, exclusive to Scenic guests, that you’ll remember for years to come, from exclusive private concerts in magnificent surrounds, to specially arranged meals where you can enjoy the warm hospitality of the locals
- Scenic Tailormade – A personal GPS-guided tour system that curates the best Europe has to offer, on and off the ship
- Scenic Sundowners – Specially arranged and exclusive cocktail events in spectacular settings, where you’ll get the chance to cap off a wonderful day’s exploration in the company of newfound friends
- Scenic Sun Lounges – All-weather private outdoor balconies that ensure you won’t miss a minute of the sublime scenery
- On board entertainment that showcases regional cultures throughout your journey of discovery
- Room service
- Wi-Fi Internet with streaming to your Mac mini infotainment system via your in-suite TV, enabling you to stay connected in comfort
- Wellness centre, providing hair, massage and beauty treatments (some spa services may have a charge)
- Personal airport transfers for any arrival or departure time
- All tips and gratuities.