Following the extraordinary global interest in Scenic’s soon-to-launch 6-star Scenic Eclipse, the company has announced its flagship will be joined by a sister ship, Scenic Eclipse II.
Scenic Eclipse II will further strengthen Scenic’s position as the leading innovator in the cruise industry, setting an unparalleled benchmark in design, luxury and technology.
Launching in 2020, Scenic Eclipse II will embark on her maiden voyage from Athens to Lisbon, before the debut sailing season, which will include the European and Russian Arctic, a region of diverse wildlife and habitat, well suited to discovery by Scenic’s fleet of 6-star luxury meets expedition ships.
Itineraries will include remote and long sought after destinations including Russia’s White Sea, a real treat for the explorers at heart, and a luxurious voyage that will more than satisfy those who long to experience the delights of an untamed territory; the Northwest Passage.
The pinnacle of Polar exploration; Southern Greenland, rarely visited with wilderness that offers some of the most spectacular and un-spoilt scenery anywhere on earth; and Alaska to Russia across the Bering Sea, to experience the stark beauty that this remote region has to offer.
Scenic Founder and Chairman, Glen Moroney said the expansion of Scenic’s ocean cruise fleet was a natural progression for the company and one he was very excited about.
“Since we first announced our foray into ocean cruising we have had unprecedented interest in Scenic Eclipse, from guests keen to experience our unique blend of 6-star luxury meets expedition cruising,” Mr Moroney said.
“The debut of Scenic Eclipse II will not only allow us to expand our offering and pioneer new destinations, such as the Russian Arctic, it will also allow us to continue our passion for innovation in design and handcrafted itineraries, which we are confident will appeal to a wide variety of guests. Itineraries for the ship’s debut season will be released in April 2018,” he said.
Building will commence next year in Pula, Croatia, where Scenic Eclipse is currently under construction. Scenic Eclipse II will be of similar design, including 114 all-verandah suites, nine restaurants, eight lounges and bars, a luxurious Spa Sanctuary, separate fitness areas and indoor, outdoor and plunge pools, as well as a marina deck, helicopters and a submarine.
Utilising state-of-the-art technology and a host of safety features, including innovative zero-speed stabiliser fins that are than 50 per cent larger for even greater stability, the ship will have a rating of Ice Class 1A (Polar Class 6), the highest of any luxury vessel, which will ensure the safest navigation through polar waters.
The ship will also feature special “Safe Return to Port” capabilities, guaranteeing essential systems remain operational in the unlikely case of an incident.
MORE SCENIC STORIES…
- Cabins on the world’s most luxurious cruise ship
- What to expect on a European river cruise
- 10 things you’ll love on a Scenic river cruise
On 31 January 2018, Scenic Eclipse celebrated its float out from the ship yard and with the exterior construction almost complete, the ship is ready to begin the fit out process. Scenic Eclipse is on target for its debut on 31 August 2018.
Scenic Eclipse II continues the evolution of Scenic’s 6-star luxury ocean cruising experience. Launching May 2020, her inaugural sailing will depart Athens for Lisbon; while her maiden season will feature the European and Russian Arctic. Itineraries will include remote and long sought after destinations including Russia’s White Sea, Southern Greenland, the Northwest Passage, and Alaska to Russia across the Bering Sea.
As with sister ship Scenic Eclipse, Scenic Eclipse II will be the perfect blend of luxury meets expedition – marrying luxury, discovery and safety, to give guests the opportunity to explore above and beyond what was previously imaginable.
The luxurious facts
- Ten on board dining options
- Elements, main restaurant featuring Italian, steak and seafood
- Chef’s Table, an exclusive degustation dining experience
- Koko’s, Asian Fusion
- Sushi @ Koko’s, authentic Japanese
- Teppanyaki @ Koko’s, private dining with an open Teppanyaki grill
- Lumiére, French fine dining
- Azure Bar & Café, relaxed all-day grazing
- Epicure, cooking emporium and culinary school
- Yacht Club, poolside grill, buffet and bar
- In-suite dining with 24-hour room service
- Personal service with an almost 1:1 staff to guest ratio
- Two seven-seater helicopters
- One seven-seater submarine
- 12 Zodiacs
- Snorkelling and scuba equipment
- A remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) with camera
- Spa sanctuary
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- Gym, yoga and pilates studio
- 240 seat theatre
- Experienced Scenic Cruise Director
- Experienced Discovery Team all year round
Scenic Eclipse Inclusions
- 100% verandah suites
- Unlimited complimentary beverages including mini-bar replenished daily
- All meals on board
- Choice of six dining options – from casual fare to fine dining
- Butler service for every guest
- Expert local guides
- Shore excursions
- Bottled water for all shore excursions and chef-prepared picnics available
- Late night menu
- Cocktails to your room
- Zodiac, kayak and snorkelling adventures
- On board entertainment and lectures
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet
- Complimentary self-service guest laundry
- Personalised airport transfers
- All tipping, gratuities and porterage
- Built: Croatia, 2020
- Builder: Uljanik Group
- Port of registry: Malta
- Cruising speed: 17 knots
- Gross tonnage: 17,085
- Gross tonnage per guest: 74
- Length: 168 metres
- Breadth: 21.5 metres (moulded)
- Draught: 5.3 metres
- Passenger decks: 8
- Suites: 114
- Passengers: 228 (200 in Polar regions)
- Crew: 176 (192 in Polar regions)
- Nationality of crew: international
- Rating: Polar Class 6 (Ice Class 1A Super)
All suites feature a verandah.
- Verandah Suite: 16 suites at 32sqm
- Deluxe Verandah Suite: 50 suites at 34sqm
- Grand Deluxe Verandah Suite: 30 suites at 40sqm
- Spa Suite: 12 suites at 50-52sqm
- Panorama Suite: two suites at 110sqm, including a terrace of 48sqm
- Grand Panorama Suite: two suites at 115sqm, including a terrace of 30sqm
- Owner’s Penthouse: two suites at 195sqm, including a terrace of 60sqm
- Two-bedroom Owner’s Suite: one suite at 247sqm, including a terrace of 68sqm
- Climate-controlled change rooms
- Tender/marina entrance
- Medical centre
- Self-service guest laundry
- Reception and Excursion centre
- Lobby Lounge
- Teppanyaki @ Koko’s
- Sushi @ Koko’s
- Chef’s Table
- Azure Bar and Café
- The Observatory and Library
- Observation Terrace
- Guest suites
- Spa Sanctuary
- Spa plunge pools
- Guest suites
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Yacht Club
- Gym and fitness area
- Yoga and pilates room
- Outdoor terrace
- Guest suites
- Helipad and hangars
- Guest suites
- Spa and Owner’s Penthouse suites
- Two-bedroom Penthouse suite
- Sun Terrace
- Plunge pools
MORE SCENIC CRUISES YOU MAY LIKE