South Africa and safaris are hugely popular with Australian travellers and it’s easy to understand why.
The incredible diversity South Africa has to offer means you can pack a lot in to a short time.
From the stunning city of Cape Town sitting beneath Table Mountain to the many Game Reserves and National Parks, to fascinating cultural tours and historic townships – there’s so much to see and do.
Gate 1 Travel Australia offers a range of tour options from 8 to 18 days with budgets and itineraries to suits all types of travellers.
The very popular 12-Day Classic South Africa tour takes in a wonderful mix of options with overnights stays including;
- 4 nights Cape Town
- 1 night Hluhluwe
- 1 night Swaziland
- 2 nights Hazyview
- 2 nights Johannesburg
- Why you should go on Group Tour
- Africa’s big five in pictures
- Traveller’s Tales: European River Cruise
The tour lies within Gate 1’s ‘Classic’ category meaning first class accommodations, a balance of included sightseeing and free time, transfers & multiple meals included.
You can get all this from just AUD $3649 per person INCLUDING air travel.
- Enjoy a tour of Cape Town, view the Castle of Good Hope, the Grande Parade and visit Table Mountain
- During the Cape Peninsula Tour, visit the Cape of Good Hope reserve and view the penguin colonies at Boulders Beach
- Game Viewing Cruise on the St Lucia Estuary, a uniquely diverse ecosystem
Game drive through Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve
- A thrilling game drive on an open-vehicle through Kruger National Park
- In Soweto, the most metropolitan township, visit Nelson Mandela’s former home
Gate 1 also offers reasonably priced optional tours which include;
- Full Day Great White Shark Diving (yes, really!) $235
- Full Day Winelands tour ($110)
- Home-hosted dinner in Cape Town ($77)
Feedback from some recent travellers on the 12 Day Classic South Africa trip.
– Robert and Christine: “What a great trip. Everything was outstanding from the accommodation to the spectacular sites and all lead by a knowledgeable and genuine guide by the name of Renier Schoeman.
Each Hotel had a unique feeling, they were clean, conveniently situated close to shops and were located in a safe environment.
All sites were worthy of their advertisement especially Kruger and Hluhluwe-Imfolozi game reserves .
What made this trip was the guide. Renier’s knowledge of South Africa was superb, he went out of his way to assist all of us. He is the most professional guide we have ever met and we have travelled extensively throughout the world.
Our last stay in Johannesburg was at the Protea Hotel, Fire & Ice. They could not do enough for us. I wanted to present Renier with a song my wife had written about him, the Hotel helped print and photocopy the song at no added expense, then they loaned us a conference room to rehearse, as we had 38 on the coach we needed a big room. They couldn’t do enough for us.
Congratulations Gate 1 we will not hesitate to book other tours with your company and would highly recommend Gate 1 to all our friends and associates.
Your number one travellers.”
– Judith B. Queensland: “We would like to say how much we enjoyed our trip, it was wonderful and Shaun, the tour guide was absolutely fabulous, well informed, witty and just a pleasure to deal with.
Our drivers were really great also which meant we all felt safe. We did have a fabulous group of people with us which always helps, we would definitely recommend the tour to anyone.”
– Anastasia R. NSW, Australia: “The trip was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. Have been praising your company to all my friends.
Looking forward to booking our next trip – may be to Morocco or the Dalmatian coast or combine both. Not very soon though … have to get over this one. Thank you so much for your organisation. Everything fell into place and we enjoyed the company of all the participants.”
Want to know more?