South-East Asia has long been known for its rich culture, deep history and ancient sites, but for the real magic and intrigue of Asia to reveal itself, you need to experience it from the mystical waterways on a river cruise.
Travel where few westerners venture with a cruise along the mighty Mekong or Irrawaddy rivers. Taking in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma, these journeys offer a revealing look at the awe-inspiring wonders along the way.
The best way to enjoy the warm Asian hospitality is on an all-inclusive, 5-star river cruise with Scenic.
Custom-designed to reflect the culture and beauty of South East Asia, and built to European safety standards, Scenic Spirit and Scenic Aura have set the benchmark in 5-star luxury. Better still, these exclusive Asia river cruise experiences are capped at 68-guests on the Mekong, and just 44-guests on the Irrawaddy.
When you travel with Scenic, you can be sure it will be an ‘all-inclusive’ luxury experience. From airport transfers to tips and gratuities, meals and beverages, shore tours – even a morning yoga class or a night-time brandy – it’s all included.
The luxury is evident from the moment you first aboard Scenic Spirit or Scenic Aura. On these grand river ships, passengers can expect an almost 1:1 staff to guest ratio. As for the accommodation, the two ships boast the largest suites to be found on the Mekong and Irrawaddy rivers. Add a host of indulgent onboard amenities, and you’re set for the trip of a lifetime.
Exquisite Local Flavours
As with all cruises, food is an important part of the experience. Menus feature a variety of dishes inspired by the region, including local street food and traditional family dishes, as well as standard western fare.
Dine in a range of venues and savour the diverse cuisine from one of the following dining options:
Crystal or Bamar Dining
- Main restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Open seating, perfect for relaxed dining
- Wide range of cuisine from local specialities to homegrown favourites
- À la carte menus available daily.
- Casual and flexible dining options to suit your schedule
- Offers full service and mouth-watering food and snacks
- A great meeting spot, open for all-day grazing and socialising
- Gelato bar, light snacks, healthy options, tasty treats.
Teppanyaki Bar (onboard Scenic Aura only)
- Fiery and theatrical dining experience onboard Scenic Aura
- A maximum of six guests per evening, with every guest able to enjoy at least once during their cruise
- Enjoy food cooked to order from a live cooking station by expert chefs.
- Room service is available, and included, throughout the cruise
- Enjoy the exotic river views as you dine in the comfort of your suite.
Matching the exquisite flavours is a range of complimentary drinks available throughout your entire journey. Sip a cocktail by the pool, enjoy fine local and international wines with your regional cuisine, or simply enjoy a beverage from your daily stocked in-suite mini-bar.
In its effort to support local communities, Scenic is reducing the number of single-use plastic containers used on board, and now offers guests the option of purchasing a reusable water bottle which can be used throughout the journey and while on shore. All funds derived from the initiative are channelled directly into local community projects.
MORE SCENIC STORIES YOU’LL LOVE …
Scenic’s Luxurious Suites
Boasting the largest cabins on the Mekong and Irrawaddy Rivers, Scenic’s luxury suites are more akin to an opulent 5-star hotel experience.
Every suite on board offers a generous living room space, a walk-in wardrobe and a unique private balcony featuring creative technology which transforms each balcony into a Scenic Sun Lounge at the touch of a button. Enjoy the luxury of extra space, while bringing the outdoors, in.
For the perfect night sleep, Scenic’s adjustable Slumber Bed comes with a range of pillow choices and Egyptian cotton sheets. For the bathroom, plush bathrobes and the finest bath and body products.
Other creature comforts to make your stay more comfortable include a personal safe, USB ports, complimentary mini-bar and Wi-Fi.
And what can be more indulgent than the services of your very own butler? From nightly turndown to shoeshine and laundry service, your butler is there to make your Scenic experience extra special. Need a snack or a drink brought to your cabin? Your butler can arrange it all.
At a generous 70 to 80 square metres, the expansive Royal Panorama Suites are in a class of their own. Both Scenic Spirit and Scenic Aura boast Royal Panorama Suites with elegant lounge areas, oversized bathrooms with a bathtub, and a private terrace featuring an outdoor Jacuzzi and daybed.
At 32-40 square metres, the Deluxe and Grand Deluxe Suites are the most spacious on the waters and offer modern and elegant furnishings, HDTV and individual climate control.
Other Luxuries and Inclusions
Other inclusions and amenities on board include:
- Authentic local entertainment on and off the ship
- Wellness and fitness area
- Complimentary self-service laundry facilities
- Guest elevator onboard Scenic Spirit – the only one on the Mekong River
- Cruise Directors to guide and assist
- Expert local guides and Tour Directors
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Return airport transfers.
And the Scenic experience also extends to all onshore experiences too:
- Small group land journeys with an average of only 20-25 guests
- Scenic Enrich – unforgettable and exclusive once-in-a-lifetime experiences
- Scenic Sundowners – exclusive hosted evening drinks in memorable locations
- Scenic Freechoice – an extensive choice of activities and cuisines
- Scenic Special Stays – iconic hotels remarkable for their location and heritage
- Internal flights (if applicable)
- All tips and gratuities throughout the entire journey.