Discover the mysteries of the underwater world as you dive deep into the blue onboard the exclusive Scenic Eclipse submarine.
The World’s First Discovery Yacht by Scenic is redefining the standard of ocean cruising, providing guests with their very own underwater experience on board the U Boat Worx Cruise Submarine 7, named Scenic Neptune, and unique access to some of nature’s most beautiful sites.
Dive up to 200-metres below the surface with seating for up to six guests at a time. View icebergs up-close, explore colourful coral reefs and watch for whales, seals, and penguins.
Capable of diving to a depth of 300 metres, the submarine has been custom-built for optimal sightseeing of marine wonders, offering guests an unforgettable excursion into the wide blue depths.
The U-Boat Worx submarine is designed to meet international noise standards and to provide unmatched comfort, space and style, with maximum legroom and headroom while keeping overall weight and size to a minimum.
This combination delivers the ultimate diving experience. Internal climate control and a surround sound music system form part of the fine detailing, together with the optimum ergo dynamics to facilitate ease of boarding and disembarking.
Scenic Founder and Chairman, Glen Moroney said the submarine will offer guests a unique opportunity to go below and beyond.
“Scenic has always sought to venture beyond the horizon and with our submarine, we provide guests with the opportunity to enjoy unparalleled access to some of nature’s most beautiful marine environments.
“From inside the U-Boat Worx submersibles, each guest will enjoy an uninterrupted view thanks to the strategic placement of all components and the use of an ultra-clear acrylic hull, expertly engineered to make you feel at one with the ocean”, Mr Moroney said.
The submarine design consists of a three-person pod on the front and at the back of the sub for a total of six guests plus the pilot, who is located behind the guests. The seats are mounted on a platform that can swivel 180 degrees, so the guests are able to see both sides of the submarine. Strong exterior lights will allow guests to take in the colours and details of wrecks and other underwater sights.
“The sub is able to do from 8, up to 12, dives per day, depending on the length of dive, giving as many guests as possible access to this unique opportunity,” said My Moroney.
“Because the cabin is pressurized, there is also no need for a slow ascent or descent. One of the thrills for guests is a fast, upward journey where they pop out from below the ocean with a splash”.
Based in the Netherlands, U-Boat Worx is the world’s largest manned submersible manufacturer. For more than 12 years, they have delivered private submersibles to a variety of discerning individuals and organisations, culminating in one of the largest fleets worldwide.
RELATED STORIES …
- First look onboard Scenic Eclipse
- Scenic Eclipse II announced
- Is Scenic Eclipse THE most luxurious ship in the world?
Submarine Fact Sheet
A U-Boat Worx submarine is built with safety as the primary consideration, and a reputation for reliability has been established by always adhering to a meticulous “safety first” regime. Designed, built and rigorously tested to the highest standards, the submersibles are certified by leading classification organisation, DNV GL.
Key features include:
- Each U-Boat Worx submarine is designed to provide unmatched comfort, space and style. All submarines have maximum legroom and headroom while keeping overall weight and size to a minimum. This combination delivers the ultimate diving experience.
- Multiple safety features have been incorporated into the design at every stage. For example, all U-Boat Worx submarines automatically resurface in the unlikely event of a power outage
- Each submarine’s hull is individually pressurised to a test depth that greatly exceeds the pressure experienced at its certified maximum operating depth.
- The controls of the submarines are designed for ease of management with the standard UIS (U-Boat Worx Information System). The UIS displays all pertinent information to the pilot via a large touchscreen monitor.
- An acknowledged feature of the U-Boat Worx submarines is the MANTA Controller that allows the passengers to have a turn at navigating the craft under strict pilot supervision when conditions are suitable.
- The precise and responsive maneuverability of the submarine never ceases to thrill the first-time diver, as the craft glides through the ocean’s three-dimensional environment taking in the shipwrecks, coral reefs and other spectacular underwater sights.
- Complete flexibility and omni-directional movement are the hallmarks of U-Boat Worx submersibles.
- Intelligently designed thruster configurations optimise maneuverability with maximum capability achieved from four, six or eight thruster settings.
- Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics are used to streamline the hull to maximise the efficiency and decrease drag.
- All U-Boat Worx submarines have been carefully designed to ensure total stability while at the surface. Its decks provide easy and safe access for the passengers. Ergonomically designed handles and supports make the boarding procedures of U-Boat Worx submersibles very efficient.
- Each submersible can be towed at speed or travel under its own power on the surface. Irrespective of sea conditions, U-Boat Worx submersibles maintain full responsiveness and power at all times, making docking alongside another vessel much easier.
YOUR SCENIC ECLIPSE CRUISE STARTS HERE