As seasoned travellers, we’re always on the lookout for new adventures recommended by fellow nomads.
Iceland is one of those places people rave about once they’ve been but it’s not the kind of destination that immediately springs to mind when you’re daydreaming about your next jaunt overseas. Sure, the Northern Lights are high on many a bucket list but that’s only one of the chapters in the Icelandic story.
Gate 1 Travel has three escorted tours capturing the essence of this folkloric land that will guarantee to add you to the chorus of travellers who spruik long and loud about this incredible place.
For a taste of what’s in store when you visit this mystical ancient land, take a look at Gate 1 Travel’s video.
As a first-timer, you should seriously consider the 9-Day Classic Iceland tour which, including flights, will showcase the best of the country for under $5000.
TOUR INCLUSIONS: 9-Day Classic Iceland
- Round trip flights Sydney-Reykjavik, Reykjavik-Sydney. (Other departure cities available).
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 nights Reykjavik
- 2 nights Vik
- 1 night Borgarfjordur
- 1 night Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 13 meals: 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking driver-guide throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- City tour of Reykjavik, including the Pearl, Höfdi House, Parliament and National Museum
- Enjoy the warm soothing waters of the world-famous geothermal Blue Lagoon
- View Solheimajökull glacier and learn about the impact that global warming has had on Icelandic glaciers
- Skaftafell National Park, a beautiful mountainous region on the edge of the Vatnajökull Glacier
- Visit the Geysir Geothermal Area, home of the Strokkur Geyser
- Enjoy a full day excursion to Snaefellsnes peninsula
If you’re looking to venture further, there’s a 12-day Kaleidoscope of Iceland that circumnavigates the 5000 kilometres of this island nation.
12-Day Kaleidoscope Tour
And for the granddaddy of all nature tours, there’s the 13-day, Natural Force and Beauty Tour where you’ll see stunning landscapes that jump straight from the pages of fairytale books like the incredible Seljalandsfoss waterfall below.
13 day Iceland, Natural Force & Beauty
- Thanks to the small group size, this tour gets to the heart of the destination visiting places that other tours miss
- Tour Reykjavík, a buzzing city combining cosmopolitan and traditional trends
- Travel to the picturesque Borgarfjordur region, well-known for its astonishing natural beauty and historical heritage
- Explore an Ice Cave inside Langjökull Glacier, a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Enjoy a unique perspective during a nature and birdwatching tour as you sail to the jagged and rocky islands of Breidafjordur Bay
- Taste “hakarl,” Icelandic fermented shark, at the Bjarnarhöfn Shark Farm
- Visit Snæfellsjökull National Park, dramatic setting for Jules Verne’s Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Visit the award-winning Herring Era Museum in Siglufjörður, the nearest town to the Arctic Circle
- View Godafoss, the “waterfall of the gods,” one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland
- Pamper yourself with a soak in the warm geothermal Myvatn Nature Baths, with beautiful views over the Lake Myvatn area
- Enjoy a whale watching expedition from Húsavík harbor, considered the Whale Capital of Iceland
- Visit the remarkable geological and historical site of Þingvellir National Park, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour Iceland’s most famous natural wonders in the Golden Circle, including Gullfoss Waterfall and the famous Strokkur Geysir
- At Friðheimar Greenhouse, learn how pesticide-free tomatoes are grown with geothermal heat
- Travel along the wondrous southern coast, with its stark black sand beaches and waterfalls, and stunning views of Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes
- Attend a unique performance of the famed Icelandic horses
- Visit the Hellisheidavirkjun Geothermal Power Plant and learn about geothermal power production in Iceland
- Enjoy a soothing experience in the warm and mineral-rich geothermal waters at the Blue Lagoon
The Northern Lights
And after all those options, if it is just the amazing Northern Lights you want to see, Gate 1 Travel offers a 6-Day Independent Travel package from just $869 (land only) that includes:
- 4 nights accommodation Reykjavik with breakfast
- Reykjavik City Tour & Northern Lights Tour in modern motor coach
- Services of English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Travel independently, with the benefits of group travel
- Five European river cruises under $3,000
- 12 spectacular days in South Africa
- Meet our partners: Gate 1 Travel
BOOK YOUR ICELAND ADVENTURE HERE
This form does not exist